Our partners at the New York/New Jersey port terminal are methodically working through congestion issues resulting in container delivery delays. We’ve received notices this week that we’re passing along as we continue to communicate the situation.
Hapag-Lloyd is working to restore the New York/New Jersey port operations to normal in March. The special report says:
- Vessels are diverted to other facilities in and around the port.
- Barges are being used in lieu of rail to move shipments inland and ease congestion.
- No demurrage is being charges on import rail boxes, which are being delayed.
- There are continued weekend gates.
- Additional labor has been hired and is being trained now.
- Additional equipment has been purchased and rented.