Our Cargo Services team is reviewing information and keeping up with details on tariffs being imposed on goods entering the United States.
Bookmark and use this page as a reference with links to information needed.
The tariff rate increase from 10% to 25% is effective for goods on the September 2018 Federal Register Notice. You can see the list by clicking here. It is a PDF that can be downloaded to your desktop to review and share. It is List 3 noted below.
To see how your shipment is impacted by the rate increase, download this PDF Section 301 Flow Chart.
- If your shipment is in transit on/after Friday, May 10, it is subject to 25% duty.
- If your shipment is in transit before Friday, May 10, it is subject to the 10% duty.
- In this scenario, if you are filing an entry May 10 but statement date is on/after this date, you should enter the estimated entry date to be the same as the date of import to ensure your entry is accepted with 10% duty rate.
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative announced Monday, May 13 a list of approximately $300 billion in goods imported from China on which USTR is proposing to impose Section 301 additional tariffs of up to 25 percent. The list can be reviewed and downloaded here.
Three rounds of tariffs were imposed in 2018.
The following bullets provide links to PDFs that outline goods impacted.
- List 1
- Products removed from List 1
- List 2
- List 3 (Products on this list will be subject to a 25% duty starting Friday, May 10, 2019, as outlined in the bullets above.)
List 1: These are products taxed at an additional 25 percent. If your products are affected, you may file for an exclusion for an exclusion. Any exclusions granted will be retroactive to July 6, 2018 and extend one year after the exclusion determination is published in the Federal Register.
List 2: On June 15, 2018, the administration released a list of 284 other tariff lines on which additional duties could be imposed following a public notice and comment process. On Aug. 7, 2018, the United States Trade Representative released the final products on List 2. List 2 products are subject to a 25 percent tariff. No additional products will be removed from List 2, but you may file for an exclusion.
List 3: Starting May 10, 2019, products on this list have a 25 percent tariff imposed.
Cargo Services customers with specific questions about
shipment status and the impact, please contact your representative.