We are sharing information about tariff duty rate changes on this page. Bookmark and use this page as a reference. We are providing links to detailed information for your use.
The U.S. and China signed a phase one trade agreement on Jan. 15, 2020. Through this agreement, the U.S. has suspended some tariff increases and will roll back others with agreement on deal points from China.
- The tariff on List 4 goods from 15% to 7.5% is set for Feb. 14.
- The United States will maintain 25 percent tariffs on List 1, 2, and 3 goods for the foreseeable future.
EU Tariffs and Effective Dates
Tariffs related to good from the EU were announced and effective in October. Download the list here.
This Federal Register Notice was issued on Oct. 9 as it pertains to large civil aircraft products. Read notice here.
Effective Feb. 8, the Section 232 additional tariffs of 25 percent on steel and 10% on aluminum are being extended to derivative products that have seen a surge in imports. This duty applies to:
- Aluminum derivatives from all countries except Argentina, Australia, Canada, and Mexico.
- Steel derivatives from all countries except Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Mexico and South Korea.
It’s being expanded to include:
- nails, tacks (other than thumb tacks), drawing pins, corrugated nails, staples (other than those of HTSUS heading 8305) and similar articles, of iron or steel, whether or not with heads of other material (excluding such articles with heads of copper) that are (a) suitable for use in powder-actuated hand tools, threaded (described in subheading 7317.00.30) or (b) of one piece construction, whether or not made of round wire (described in HTSUS 7317.00.5503, 7317.00.5505, 7317.00.5507, 7317.00.5560, 7317.00.5580 or 7317.00.6560 only and not in other statistical reporting numbers of subheadings 7317.00.55 and 7317.00.65
- bumper stampings of steel or aluminum, the foregoing comprising parts and accessories of the motor vehicles of headings 8701 to 8705 (described in HTSUS 8708.10.30)
- body stampings of steel or aluminum, for tractors suitable for agricultural use (described in HTSUS 8708.29.21)
- stranded wire, cables, plaited bands and the like, including slings and similar articles, of aluminum and with steel core, not electrically insulated, fitted with fittings or made up into articles (described in HTSUS 7614.10.50)
- stranded wire, cables, plaited bands and the like, including slings and similar articles, of aluminum and not with steel core, not electrically insulated, that (a) comprise electrical conductors and are not fitted with fittings or made up into articles (described in HTSUS 7614.90.20), (b) do not comprise electrical conductors and are not fitted with fittings or made up into articles (described in HTSUS 7614.90.40), or (c) are fitted with fittings or made up into articles (described in HTSUS 7614.90.50)
Read the details here.
Cargo Services customers with specific questions about
shipment status and the impact, please contact your representative.