The Cargo Services team works with hundreds of professionals in over 80 countries around the world. Think… Truckers, Rail Workers, Agents, Port/Air Officials, Forklift Drivers, Customs
Professionals. These professionals are saying the same thing, “This is the worst time ever in the industry.” And they’re offering tips:
- Space is king. If you get vessel space, take it (QUICKLY). Price is secondary to keep goods moving.
- Disruptions cause (longer) delays. Manage around it by creating longer supply chain timelines.
- Delegate. Clients with strategic supply chain designs are giving staff managing shipments the authority to make quick decisions.
- Flex. Transit times are now estimated not definite. What took 30 days now takes 60. What took 60 days now takes 90+. Rail and trucking transit times are expensive and delayed.
- Stay the course. Jumping out of a supply chain plan creates more delays and frustration. We cannot pull a container midstream in an attempt to move to the front of a line elsewhere. It creates more issues, delays and increases overall cost.